1/4/11

MFT'S January Blog Hop and Shop

Welcome to MFT's January Blog Hop and Shop! If you came here from Lisa's blog you are in the right place. If would like to start at the beginning of the Hop go on over to Kim's Blog.

My project for this month's Hop used the new Frosty Fun to create a card/box to hold a little surprise inside! And I think she is just so cute and fun!

She is colored with Copics and the background is sponged.

I added glitter under her feet and little dots of glitter around her body. I added rhinestones to the bottom of her dress and a pompom to the top of her hat.

Here you can see the width of the box. I used a piece of 11" x 5 1/2" brown cardstock. I scored at 3/4", 5 1/8, 5 7/8, and 10 1/4. I wrapped enough ribbon to close the box around each side. I used the Dainty Doily Die for my bottom border and the Snowflake Trio for my main embellishment.

On the inside I created two pockets to hot chocolate packets. I used the two dies again, and stamped my sentiment using the Framed Greetings Die.

Hope you have enjoyed this month's release. You can find all the new products right HERE!

Now it is time to hop on over to Jen's blog. I am sure she has something wonderful to share!

Melody

39 comments:

  1. Cute and sweet, I love it Melody!! But I love that you made it a "book" with hot cocoa packets, it looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet - I'm a softy for the ice skater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set Melody, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way cute! I love the glitter and rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute box :)! thanks for sharing and happy new year! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this project. The colors are gorgeous. What a great box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love love that little girl! Great colors and such a cute idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could there be a more perfect hot chocolate holder?? incredibly CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little glittered details......so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a CUTE Hot Chocolate holder!!!! Did I miss something??? Where IS that template??? From your brains??? EEEK... gimme some of those!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the first doily/scallop set and can see this one in my immediate future! Thanx for the inspiration and blog candy hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great idea! I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, this is so fun! love the little pompom on her hat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and yummy!!!TFS!!!
    Best regards,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little box. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whata fantastic box....love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just too cute. I love the ice skater and how you dolled her up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun would this be to get by mail! Totally gorgeous little box:-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a *fun* little hot chocolate gifty! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that icy aqua and purple color combo, Melody, and her little pom pom is icing on this yummy cocoa cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cool idea, the wording is perfect! I agree with you that she is very cute. The rhinestones and glitter add so much to the overall scene. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow.. what a great surprise... hot cocoa and a card... what else would someone want on a cold winters night... clever idea..-anne-

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful Melody,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable! Love that little card/box...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely card/box!!! Great idea! You should do YouTube tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the box - I want to do one!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your little frosty girl is adorable, Melody! And what a perfect gifty for her to hold!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So stinkin' cute Melody! The papers you used are gorgeous as is your coloring!

    ReplyDelete