Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthday Cupcake

This is the second of my new Verve stamps. The layout is this weeks sketch challenge in the Verve Forum at Splitcoaststampers. The twist this week is a Technique twist! You could chose one of two techniques , Poppin' Pastels or Burnt Batik. I chose the Poppin' Pastels to work with. There are step by step instructions in the forum. I used the Poppin Pastels technique to make my background paper behind the cupcake.

The stamp is "A Cupcake Affair". I cut it out and placed on the background paper. I added stickles to the frosting and rhinestones to the flowers. I used my sew machine to zig zag the edges and straight stitch around the middle panel. The edges are sponged with distress ink. The I added some lace and ribbon.

Have a great Wednesday!


Melody

Ingredients:
Stamps - Verve Cupcake Affair
Ink - Memento Black, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Tea Dye
Paper - DP Cosmo Crickett, PTI Olive, SU Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Other - Stickles, ribbon, lace, rhinestones, copics, nestibilities, sewing machine


5 comments :

  1. Cut! cupcake, I love cupcakes especially eating them! I like the back ground paper Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupcake really does look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Melody,l love the image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Wonderful layout, dp(I'm a paper nut!)and that cupcake really does look good enough to eat! TFS - Tracy -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoe sweet! I have been getting into cupcakes lately too. They are just so adorable on cards. I could eat that one. You go girl. You got talent.

    ReplyDelete