4/7/09

MFT Whimsical Flower Fields - Week Seven

This week for the MFT Idol challenge we were to JUST make a card, and use the MFT set, Build A Bouquet, a set that Kim graciously sent us, for our main images. This was actually more difficult for me than I thought it would be. When I stamp I like coloring and love paper piecing! In this set all the images stamp as whole images, not outlines.

I decided to build a flower field scene. Living in San Diego, the flowers are just breathtaking at the time of year! Be sure to hop on over to Splitcoaststampers in the MFT forum to vote for your favorite! You have from 10:00 pm EST tonight to 10:00 pm EST on Wednesday to cast your vote. I would appreciate your vote!


The card is built on a 6 x 6 base. I made a pattern for the hills, cut them out of Certainly Celery, and ran them through my Cuttlebug , using the Swiss Dot Template. Then I stamped and cut out a variety of flowers and circles from the set. Those circles coming in really handy! I will have to remember to use them in the future. I added a variety of rhinestones and buttons to the centers. The sky is done with copic markers and distressing ink.

After I had my flowers in place, I used the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine to sew on the hills. The edges of the hills are inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in Peeled Paint. I have just got so hooked on his ink pads! I want them in every color! The wheelbarrow and sentiment are the only stamps that is not from Build a Bouquet. It is from the MFT set, Can Ya' Dig It? I stamped the wheelbarrow, masked it off, and stamped the smallest flower from the Build A Bouquet set, and added a few rhinestones to some of the centers and a white gel pen dots to others, and then cut it out. The fence is a Martha Stewart punch. The sun is one of the circles in Build a Bouquet.

The tree and the bird are chipboard shapes from Maya Road. I added color by using a form pad and Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, and Broken China. Then I added Stickles to the tree edges and the leaves on the flower fields. Lastly, I did a zig zag stitch around the outside of the card.

This is the inside of my card. The flower pot and flowers are again from Build A Bouquet.


Thanks so much for looking!

Melody

Ingredients:
Stamps: MFT Build a Bouquet, Can Ya' Dig It?
Ink: Memento Black, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Bali Breeze, a variety of Tim Holtz's Distressing Inks.
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Other: Punches, Copics, Rhinestones, Buttons, Sewing Machine

5 comments:

  1. That is the prettiest little card I ever did see. I love all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card Melody,l love the papers.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Melody! I love your little scene and the wonderful stitching on the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your card, Melody! So sorry you didn't make the next round - I totally missed voting this week too, ugh! You should be very proud of your accomplishments in the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me, this card is so amazing! BR-T

    ReplyDelete